I was really craving some fall comfort food so I hit up the local grocery store and my goal was to veganize this cozy fall favorite. And I have to say this did not disappoint. 🙂
▢ 1 bag of Gardein “Beef” Tips (Defrost before-hand)
▢ 1 carton organic veggie stock
▢ 1/2 cup of mushrooms
▢ 1/2 cup of broccoli
▢ 1/2 cup of sliced carrots
▢ 1/2 small red onion chopped
▢ 1 medium potato
▢ 4 tbsp of tapioca flour/starch (you can use another thickening agent, but tapioca flour has no flavor and works really well!)
▢ 1 tbsp of tomato paste
▢ 1/2 tbsp of Adobochon
▢ 1/2 tbsp of Sazon con color
▢ 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
▢ 1/2 tsp cilantro flakes
▢ 1/2 tsp oregano flakes
▢ 1 tbsp of olive oil
▢ Pepper to taste (I like a lot of pepper)
▢ dash of Himalayan salt
1. In a pot, pour the carton of stock and add the tomato paste and set to medium on the stove then stir.
2. Chop the carrots, broccoli, red onion, and potato and pour into the pot and stir. TIP: to speed things up, you can use frozen veggies and cook your potato in the microwave.
3. Add your seasonings – olive oil, adobochon, sazon, garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro, and oregano seasonings to the pot and stir.
4. Let the veggies cook and marinate for about 7-10 minutes until veggies soften some.
5. Add 4 tbsp of tapioca flour to thicken the liquid to a more stew-like texture and stir thoroughly.
6. Add the defrosted gardein “beef” tips and mushrooms then let those cook for another 10 minutes and stir. TIP: Make sure to put these both in 10 minutes before serving. Both of these only take 10 minutes or less to cook and the longer left in the liquid the more the texture of the protein and mushrooms soften. (Learned this the hard the second time I made this. 🙁 lol)
7. And voila! Now you’re ready to enjoy! 🙂
TIP: I like serving this with rice and/or homemade mashed potatoes.
Leave a Reply